Here are the best deals I spotted in the CVS ad for 7/31 through 8/6/11. It's not quite as comprehensive as the monster Walgreens ad that also starts Sunday, but there are still two sweet little freebies available, plus some good deals on nail polish, lip balm, and other odds and ends.
CVS deals do require a free Extra Care card, and I also highly suggest signing up for the CVS Beauty Club for another 10% back on your cosmetics, skincare, and haircare purchases.
Freebies in the CVS ad 7/31 - 8/6/11
- Bic Soleil Shimmer razor or cartridges -- on sale at CVS for $5.99, with $3 back in Extra Bucks. Use the $3 off coupon from the 7/10 Smartsource to score yours for free. Limit one per Extra Care card, so this would be an excellent time to get your spouse or SO set up with a separate card in order to score both the free razor and a free pack of cartridges.
- Skinny Cow single-size candy -- on sale for 99 cents, with 99 cents back in Register Rewards. Use this BOGO coupon to get two for free instead. Limit one Extra Bucks offer per card.
Here are some of the best prices I saw for the $10 gas card promo this week:
- Friskies -- on sale for 40 cents per can. Recycle Bank has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Friskies coupon that would drop your price down to about 27 cents per can instead.
- Coke 2-liter bottles -- on sale for 99 cents each. Limit 5 bottles per transaction.
- Skippy peanut butter -- on sale for $1.67 per jar. Buy two and use this $1 off 2 coupon I told you about to drop your price to $1.17 each.
- Ragu or Bertolli pasta sauce -- also on sale for $1.67 per jar.
- Red Baron deep dish singles -- on sale for $3 each. Use the $1 off coupon from the 6/05 Smartsource insert and pay two bucks per box instead.
- Poland Spring bottled water -- 24-pack on sale for $3.50 each.
Best deals in the CVS ad 7/31 - 8/6/11
- Spend $10 on any cosmetics purchase, get $3 off with CVS coupon. This coupon will print starting Sunday at the CVS coupon center. Here's what I recommend stacking it back to: Revlon is running a $3 Extra Bucks deal wyb nail polish for $5.79 (limit 6 per Extra Care card.) Buy two bottles and stack the $3 off CVS coupon with two copies of the $1 off coupon from the 7/17 Smartsource insert. You'll pay $6.58 at the register, then you'll get $6 back in Extra Bucks -- so it's like paying 27 cents per bottle! *stockpile price*
- CVS pantiliners -- on sale for 49 cents per bag.
- Chex Mix Sweet and Salty -- on sale for $1 per bag. Use the 50 cents off coupon from the 7/10 Smartsource insert, and pay 50 cents per bag.
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor -- on sale for $9.99, with $5 back in Extra Bucks. Use the $4 off coupon arriving in the 7/31 paper to score yours for just 99 cents.
- Nivea lip care -- on sale 2 for $5. We may see a $3 off 2 Nivea coupon in the 7/31 paper that can be used on the lip care, so that would drop your costs down to a buck each.
- Kashi cereal or bars -- on sale for $3 per box. Use the $2 Recycle Bank coupon to snag yours for a dollar.
- Oral-B Cross-Action toothbrush -- on sale at CVS for $5.99, with $1 back in Extra Bucks. We should see a $3 off coupon arriving in the 7/31 P&G insert that should drop your final price down to $1.99. Limit 2 per Extra Care card.
- Emerald Dry Roast or Cocoa Roast almonds -- on sale for $3.34 per jar. Use the $1 off coupon from the 6/19 Red Plum (expires 7/31) to get yours for $2.34 instead.
- Revitalens contact solution -- on sale for $8.99, with $3 in Extra Bucks attached. Use this $2 off Revitalens coupon and pay a final price of $3.99 for yours.
- Conair Curls n Curls curling iron -- on sale for $9.49, with $5 in Extra Bucks attached. So your final price drops to $4.49 instead.
- Starbucks coffee -- on sale for $6.99 per 12oz. bag. Buy two and use the $3 off 2 coupon from the 7/17 Smartsource to drop your price to $5.49 each.
- Pampers jumbo packs -- on sale for $8.99, with $1 back in Extra Bucks. There should be a $2 off coupon in the 7/31 P&G insert that will make these $5.99 instead.
- Spend $10 on assorted Suave products, get $3 back in Extra Bucks. No coupons available, but the Suave deodorant will be on sale for $1 and the body wash for $2 each, so you can still put together a good deal.
- Rio on DVD -- on sale for $19.99, with $10 off wyb $30 worth of P&G products. Click here to see a scenario that will take your final price down to $6.99 for the DVD.
- Caliber notebooks or tree-free multipurpose paper -- on BOGO sale, no prices listed.